Activities and Opportunities
This page provides information PCUG Activities and Opportunities for Participation.
All PCUG activities are supported by Volunteer time, skill, willingness and enthusiasm.
Please a browse through some of the varied activities listed below for information about the activities themselves, and descriptions of the volunteer roles that support those activities.
Each of these areas are broad in content and are followed through on the page links to each area.
- 1 About Volunteering
- 2 Activities with Opportunities for Participation
- 3 Registering Your Skills
- 4 Related Pages
This area is overviews information relevant to Volunteering, such as ....
- outlines information pertaining to OH&S, Working with Vulnerable People etc
- Calendar Dates of volunteer related activities of PCUG (including, but not limited those listed below) may be viewed on the PCUG Calendar (see link in navigation bar)
- are overviewed in the section below Opportunities for Participation
Support and Helpful Information
- A guide to specific and varied support and helpful information may be viewed in Technical Info (see link in navigation bar)
- This information may reference information with-in or external to PCUG.
TIP (The Internet Project)
- TIP specific Information is found on the TIP Wiki (see TIP Wiki link in navigation bar)
PCUG General Info
- PCUG general info is found in the PCUG Website (see PCUG Home link in navigation bar)
PCUG Info Wiki
- focuses on topics, with collaborative input from members!!
Activities with Opportunities for Participation
This section provides a general description of varied volunteer opportunities available to PCUG members.
Anyone who has had experience in any role is invited to place a description of that role.
Anyone who would like to try a role is welcome to contact us for more information.
- Main PCUG Committee
- PCUG Centre
- support to assist members by phone, email, home visit
- technical assistance for home equipment or internet service
- referral to the appropriate help by matching members skills to needs
- Maintenance of the LAN & Centre Computer Equipment
- Communication Administration support manning the desk for managing member enquiries by in person, or by phone; and e-help
- Background Administration support, such as data entry, filing
- A Supervisory role of the Centre itself so members may use the facilities of the centre
- Maintenance of member amenities, including refreshements
- Centre Cleaning & Maintenance
- SIGs Coordinator
- Main Monthly Meeting Coordinator
- provides specialized systems administration support for The Internet Project (TIP) ISP services
- Training & Media Bookings Coordinator
- Training Assistant
Registering Your Skills
- Until more formal information is placed here, please contact the PCUG Office Manager with any queries relating to Volunteering.
Please include a link to [[Category:Activities and Opportunities]] at the bottom of any page you create in this area.