From Info Wiki
Revision as of 19:10, 24 August 2012 by Rpeters (Created page with "=== For General Users === * === Getting Technical === === rnapshot === #The philosophy behind rsnapshot is tha backups happen regularly and reliably '''only''' if fully aut…")
For General Users
- The philosophy behind rsnapshot is tha backups happen regularly and reliably only if fully automated
- rsnapshot handles the "how, what & where"
- cron handles the "when"
- best installed from your Operating System's media/repositories - alternatively
- essential - read the HOWTO
rnapshot for Windows
- probably not feasible because Windows filesystems do not provide the required functions
- cwRsync goes part way
Strictly for Geeks
--Rpeters18:10, 24 August 2012 (EST)