The Internet Project (TIP) Administration
TIP administrators provide specialized systems administration support for The Internet Project (TIP) ISP services.
All TIP admins need to be familiar with the operation and management of the (debian) linux server systems we use, which are hosted in a server room at TransACT House.
Particular areas of support include:
- accounting (using our own 'home-grown' account management s/w tied to LDAP & radius authentication & authorization servers)
- Backup of files & databases on our servers
- DNS & network configuration
- Mail services
- Systems management & update
- System security
- Web services
- assorted other server config & management, incl. IRC, News, NTP, SSHD