General Information regarding Training Facilities and Courses is available on the main PCUG website [Training Information]
We welcome expressions of interest from Trainers wishing to run courses, and Participants seeking courses. Please contact the [PCUG Office] for either/or.
- ABOUT: A lot of PCUG information is now delivered using a wiki interface. Editing Wikis is not as daunting as it seems, and we are seeking to encourage members to share information via this tool where-ever possible. Our secretary, and TIP admin, Lawrie Brown will step participants through the process of placing information on a wiki by editing and creating pages, and formatting their content. He will use the reference guide pages he created. This will be a hands on session, with plenty of time for you to explore the content creation and formatting process. If at all possible, please bring some plain text content that you'd like to contribute to one of our wikis on a USB drive. You can also bring some images to include in your pages, as we'll also be exploring how to upload and reference images.
If you are new to contributing to wiki's, please see these guides: Getting Started Editing Wiki Pages, and More_on_Working_with_Wikis.
- WHEN: Wednesday 26 September 10am - midday,
- WHERE: PCUG Centre, Grant Cameron Community Centre, Holder.
- TRAINER: Lawrie Brown
- PARTICIPANTS: 10 places open to any PCUG member interested in learning more about editing wikis.
- FEE: $20 or Free** (**the fee will be waived for any regular volunteer who agrees to use this training to further build our information resources)
- BOOKINGS: to [PCUG Training Bookings] or phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922. (Further sessions will follow pending demand).
Absolute Beginners Computing (ABC)
- ABOUT: This course is for absolute beginners who are just starting out or those who never learnt the basics. Sessions are in the PCUG Training Centre with experienced trainers. Topics include learning your way around the computer, email and Internet basics. Each session is paced for beginners, with revision, take-home notes and homework.
- TRAINER: Eleanor Whelan (and a team of PCUG trainers)
- PARTICIPANTS: Limit 11 Members from either PCUG or U3A may apply, or new enquiries welcome to join
- VENUE: PCUG, Grant Cameron Community Centre, 27 Mulley St, Holder
- FEE: $60 (includes morning tea, documentation and completion certificate).
- WHEN: This course runs fortnightly for 6 x 2hr sessions. Class times: 10-12 noon.
(Homework is allocated for you to do at home in the "off" week)
- BOOKINGS & INFO: The current course commencing Tue 11 Sept, 2012 to 20 November 2012 is full.
Expressions of Interest are now being taken for the next course scheduled February, 2013 and may be lodged with the PCUG Training Coordinator
- BROCHURE: Details of session content is overviewed in the Absolute Beginners Computing Brochure (pdf)