General Information regarding Training Facilities and Courses is available on the main PCUG website [Training Information]
We welcome expressions of interest from Trainers wishing to run courses, and Participants seeking courses. Please contact the [PCUG Office] for either/or.
- ABOUT: A lot of PCUG information is now delivered using a wiki interface. Editing Wikis is not as daunting as it seems, and we are seeking to encourage members to share information via this tool where-ever possible. Our secretary, and TIP admin, Lawrie Brown will step participants through the process of placing information on a wiki by editing and creating pages, and formatting their content. He will use the reference guide pages he created. This will be a hands on session, with plenty of time for you to explore the content creation and formatting process. If at all possible, please bring some plain text content that you'd like to contribute to one of our wikis on a USB drive. You can also bring some images to include in your pages, as we'll also be exploring how to upload and reference images.
If you are new to contributing to wiki's, please see these guides: Getting Started Editing Wiki Pages, and More_on_Working_with_Wikis.
- WHEN: Wednesday 19 September 10am - midday,
- WHERE: PCUG Centre, Grant Cameron Community Centre, Holder.
- TRAINER: Lawrie Brown
- PARTICIPANTS: 10 places open to any PCUG member interested in learning more about editing wikis.
- FEE: $20 or Free** (**the fee will be waived for any regular volunteer who agrees to use this training to further build our information resources)
- BOOKINGS: to [PCUG Training Bookings] or phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922. (Further sessions will follow pending demand).
Absolute Beginners Training (ABC)
- info to follow