From Info Wiki
Revision as of 14:53, 30 November 2012 by Offcmngr (updating abc flyer link)
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Courses for February 2013
- 3 Other Courses (scheduled pending demand)
General Overview Information regarding Training Facilities and Courses
- is available on the main PCUG website [Training Information]
Expressions of Interest
- We welcome expressions of interest from Trainers wishing to run courses, and Participants seeking courses.
- Please contact the [PCUG Office] for either/or.
Placing Bookings and Enquiries
- All bookings and enquireis may be emailed to PCUG Training Coordinator, or phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922
- Please provide PCUG membership status and details, email address and contact phone number in any enquiry.
- All applications will be confirmed by the PCUG Office Manager, ASAP on receipt.
Courses for February 2013
Introduction to Databases, using Microsoft Access 2007
- Fri 1, 8 , 15, 22 Feb 2013 0930am-1200pm (midday)
- A four week course will introduce participants to the design of a database system.
- Content to be covered will be the creation of tables to hold the data, queries to filter and sort data, forms to input and edit data and generating reports.
- Prior experience is not necessary. Pre-requisites are basic keyboard and mouse skills.
- Places: 6
- Apply: by email to email@example.com or phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922.
- Cost: $50 for PCUG members, $70 for non-members.
Excel for Beginners (Roger Quarterman)
- runs over 6 sessions, with break in the middle for trainer being unavailable and Easter
- Wed 6, 13, 20 Feb 2013 & Wed 10, 17, 24 April 2013
- Places: capped at 6
- No previous knowledge of Excel required.
- Basic familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office screens helpful but not essential.
- Class times 10.00 to 12 noon.
- Prepare to be surprised at the variety of things you can do with a spreadsheet!!
- Cost: $60 for PCUG members, $80 for non-members.
Absolute Beginners Computing (ABC)
- ABOUT: This course is for absolute beginners who are just starting out or those who never learnt the basics. Sessions are in the PCUG Training Centre with experienced trainers. Topics include learning your way around the computer, email and Internet basics. Each session is paced for beginners, with revision, take-home notes and homework.
- TRAINER: Eleanor Whelan (and a team of PCUG trainers)
- PARTICIPANTS: Limit 11 Application open as detailed in FEE information
- VENUE: PCUG, Level 2A, Grant Cameron Community Centre, 27 Mulley St, Holder
- FEE: $60 for members, $80 for non-members (includes morning tea, documentation and completion certificate).
- WHEN: This course runs fortnightly for 6 x 2hr sessions. Class times: 10-12 noon.
(Homework is allocated for you to do at home in the "off" week)
- BOOKINGS & INFO: Expressions of Interest are now being taken for the next course scheduled February, 2013 and may be lodged with the PCUG Training Coordinator
- BROCHURE: Details of session content is overviewed in the Absolute Beginners Computing Brochure (pdf)
Other Courses (scheduled pending demand)
NB: These and other courses listed here are scheduled pending demand. Expressions of interest may be lodged at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or contacting the PCUG office on 6287 2922
Excel: Using Macros and VBA in Excel
- Course Title: Using Macros and VBA in Excel
- Description & Requirements: A training course in creating, modifying and using macros and isual Basic in Excel. Participants should be competent in using common features in Excel but no prior experience is required with macros and/or Visual Basic.
- Trainer: Peter Barker
- Training Assistant: TBA
- When: TBA The course will be conducted over two sessions, each between (last scheduled) 9.30 am and 12.00 pm on Wednesday 7 and 14 November 2012
- Where:PCUG Training Room, 27 Mulley St Holder.
- Fee: $20 for PCUG members (or $40 for non-members)
- Places: CAPPED AT 6 until determined whether assistant to the trainer is available.
- Applications: Email PCUG Training Coordinatoror phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922.
- ABOUT: A lot of PCUG information is now delivered using a wiki interface. Editing Wikis is not as daunting as it seems, and we are seeking to encourage members to share information via this tool where-ever possible. Our secretary, and TIP admin, Lawrie Brown will step participants through the process of placing information on a wiki by editing and creating pages, and formatting their content. He will use the reference guide pages he created. This will be a hands on session, with plenty of time for you to explore the content creation and formatting process. If at all possible, please bring some plain text content that you'd like to contribute to one of our wikis on a USB drive. You can also bring some images to include in your pages, as we'll also be exploring how to upload and reference images.
If you are new to contributing to wiki's, please see these guides, which we will work through and discuss during this course: Getting Started Editing Wiki Pages, and More_on_Working_with_Wikis.
- WHEN: TBA (last session held Wed 26 September, 2012 with Lawrie Brown)
- WHERE: PCUG Centre, Grant Cameron Community Centre, Holder.
- TRAINER: TBA
- PARTICIPANTS: 10 places open to any PCUG member or others interested in learning more about editing wikis.
- FEE: $20 (PCUG members), $40 (non-members), or Free** (**the fee will be waived for any regular PCUG volunteer who agrees to use this training to further build our information resources)
- BOOKINGS: to [PCUG Training Bookings] or phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922. (Further sessions will follow pending demand).