From Info Wiki
Revision as of 14:42, 29 July 2013 by Offcmngr (18/9/2013 RQ Intro to spreadsheets)
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Current Courses for 2013
- 3 Other Courses (but not limited to ...)
General Overview Information regarding Training Facilities and Courses
- is available on the main PCUG website [Training Information]
Expressions of Interest
- We welcome expressions of interest from Trainers wishing to run courses, and Participants seeking courses.
- Please contact the [PCUG Office] for either/or.
Placing Bookings and Enquiries
- All bookings and enquireis may be emailed to PCUG Training Coordinator via the contact form, or phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922
- Please provide PCUG membership status and details, email address and contact phone number in any enquiry.
- All applications will be confirmed by the PCUG Office Manager, ASAP on receipt.
Current Courses for 2013
Introduction to Spreadsheets
- Course Title: Introduction to Spreadsheets
- Description & Requirements: A training course introducing participants to Microsoft Excel (2007). Basic familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office screens helpful but not essential. No previous knowledge of Excel required. Prepare to be surprised at the variety of things you can do with a spreadsheet!!
- Trainer: Roger Quarterman
- When: Held over 6 sessions
- Session 1: Wed 18 Sept, 2013 2-5pm
- Session 2: Wed 25 Sept, 2013 2-5pm
- Session 3: Wed 2 Oct, 2013 2-5pm
- Session 3: Wed 9 Oct, 2013 2-5pm
- Session 3: Wed 16 Oct, 2013 2-5pm
- Session 3: Wed 23 Oct, 2013 2-5pm
- Where: PCUG Training Room, 27 Mulley St Holder.
- Fee: $80 ($60 for PCUG members)
- Places: up to 10
- Applications & Enquiries: Email PCUG Training Coordinatoror phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922.
Absolute Beginners Computing (ABC)
Advertised dates for this course have changed!
- ABOUT: This course is designed for absolute beginners who are just starting out or those who never learnt the basics - but who do have home internet, Windows 7, and access to email.
Sessions are based on the Windows 7 operating system, and held in the PCUG Training Centre with experienced volunteer trainers.
Topics include learning your way around the computer, email and Internet basics. Each session is paced for beginners, with revision, take-home notes and practice exercises.
The need for this type of course is very popular, and reaching those who would benefit happens largely by word of mouth. Do you know some-one who would benefit? As different people have varied needs, other groups are being formulated for example, for people who do not yet have a computer, or internet or email, we are planning on a modified version of the above training. All enquiries welcome.
- TRAINER: Eleanor Whelan (and a team of PCUG trainers)
- PARTICIPANTS: Limit 11 Application open as detailed in FEE information
- VENUE: PCUG, Level 2A, Grant Cameron Community Centre, 27 Mulley St, Holder
- FEE: $60 for members, $80 for non-members (includes morning tea, documentation and completion certificate).
- WHEN: This course runs weekly for 6 x 2.5hr sessions. Class times: 9.45am to 12.15 pm.
(Exercises are allocated for participants to do at home)
- Session 1 - Wed 03 July 2013
- Session 2 - Wed 10 July 2013
- Session 3 - Wed 17 July 2013
- Session 4 - Wed 24 July 2013
- Session 5 - Wed 31 July 2013
- Session 6 - Wed 07 August 2013
- Session 7 - Wed 14 August 2013 (Note, this session is an informal additional if needed for clarification of any prior content)
- BOOKINGS & INFO: Expressions of Interest are now being taken and may be lodged with the PCUG Training Coordinator
- BROCHURE: Details of session content is overviewed in the Absolute Beginners Computing Brochure (pdf)
- Please note this brochure is currently being updated to reflect the restrucutred course. !
Other Courses (but not limited to ...)
- dates pending for next sessions, to be advised
- NB: These and other courses listed here are scheduled pending demand & trainer availability,
- Expressions of interest may be lodged at any time by emailing email@example.com, or contacting the PCUG office on 6287 2922
- Are you wanting a course, or demonstration, or session on a subject not listed? Please let us know.
Excel: Using Macros and VBA in Excel
- Course Title: Using Macros and VBA in Excel
- Description & Requirements: A training course in creating, modifying and using macros and isual Basic in Excel. Participants should be competent in using common features in Excel but no prior experience is required with macros and/or Visual Basic.
- When: Expressions of Interest being accepted currently
The course will be conducted over 3 (three) consecutive sessions
- Wed 27 February 2013 0930am and 1200 midday; and
- Wed 6 March 2013 0930am and 1200 midday; and
- Wed 13 March 2013 0930am and 1200 midday.
- Where: PCUG Training Room, 27 Mulley St Holder.
- Fee: $50 (or $30 for PCUG members)
- Places: CAPPED AT 6
- Applications: Email PCUG Training Coordinatoror phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922.
Introduction to Databases, using Microsoft Access 2007
- Expressions of Interest being accepted currently
LAST HELD Fri 1, 8 , 15, 22 Feb 2013 0930am-1200pm (midday)
- A four week course will introduce participants to the design of a database system.
- Content to be covered will be the creation of tables to hold the data, queries to filter and sort data, forms to input and edit data and generating reports.
- Prior experience is not necessary. Pre-requisites are basic keyboard and mouse skills.
- Places: 6
- Apply: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922.
- Course fee: $60 (or $40 for PCUG members)
- ABOUT: A lot of PCUG information is now delivered using a wiki interface. Editing Wikis is not as daunting as it seems, and we are seeking to encourage members to share information via this tool where-ever possible. Our secretary, and TIP admin, Lawrie Brown will step participants through the process of placing information on a wiki by editing and creating pages, and formatting their content. He will use the reference guide pages he created. This will be a hands on session, with plenty of time for you to explore the content creation and formatting process. If at all possible, please bring some plain text content that you'd like to contribute to one of our wikis on a USB drive. You can also bring some images to include in your pages, as we'll also be exploring how to upload and reference images.
If you are new to contributing to wiki's, please see these guides, which we will work through and discuss during this course: Getting Started Editing Wiki Pages, and More_on_Working_with_Wikis.
- WHEN: TBA (last session held Wed 26 September, 2012 with Lawrie Brown)
- WHERE: PCUG Centre, Grant Cameron Community Centre, Holder.
- TRAINER: TBA
- PARTICIPANTS: 10 places open to any PCUG member or others interested in learning more about editing wikis.
- FEE: $20 (PCUG members), $40 (non-members), or Free** (**the fee will be waived for any regular PCUG volunteer who agrees to use this training to further build our information resources)
- BOOKINGS: to [PCUG Training Bookings] or phone the PCUG Office on 6287 2922. (Further sessions will follow pending demand).