Main (draft alternate)
From Info Wiki
- 1 Welcome to the PCUG Information Wiki
- 2 Using the Wiki
- 3 PCUG Information Wiki Categories
- 4 Overview of Information Management for PCUG & TIP
Welcome to the PCUG Information Wiki
- This wiki provides a place where PCUG members can share information with each other, in categories as shown below.
- This includes current news and notices, information about the groups activities and opportunities for participation, various newsletters received from affiliated organisations and other sources, and a wide variety of technical IT related hints, help guides, howtos and tips, contributed by members on a range of IT related topics of interest.
- Please support this member initiative by adding content!
Using the Wiki
Contributions to the Wiki
- This PCUG Information Wiki can be edited by any PCUG member using their normal PCUG/TIP username and password to login.
- To do this, select the log in link at the top right of the page to login (a wiki account will be created automatically the first time you log in).
- You are encouraged to contribute information, especially to the Activities_and_Opportunities and Technical Info sections, as this is very much in the spirit of the group's policy of Users Helping Users.
- Contributions can range from small additions; to corrections and extensions to current pages; through to creating entirely new pages on relevant topics.
- If you are new to contributing to wiki's, please see our guide to Getting Started Editing Wiki Pages.
- Further useful links are provided in navigation Help page.
- You can use the Search box on the left hand side to find information, browse the site using the links below, or view the index of all pages.
- Please note that a different skin is used when this wiki is viewed from a mobile device.
PCUG Information Wiki Categories
- Includes details of various PCUG and TIP notices
Includes information about groups activities & opportunities for participation.
- Information sharing - teaching and learning ...
- Information Resources - varied choices, how to access ...
- Equipment Resources - Training & Media Room, Member Use Computers ...
- Socializing with others who have like interests ...
- Includes various newsletters received from affiliated organisations and other sources
- A guide to specific and varied support and helpful information
- This information may reference information with-in or external to PCUG.
- Includes a wide variety of technical IT related hints, help guides, how-tos and tips, contributed by members on a range of IT related topics of interest.
- Please note that information related specifically to accessing and using the PCUG's 'The Internet Project' (TIP) ISP Services are provided on the TIP Wiki
Overview of Information Management for PCUG & TIP
PCUG General Info
- PCUG general or publicity info is found in the PCUG Website (see PCUG Home link in navigation bar)
- General information on the PCUG may be found on the main PCUG website.
TIP (The Internet Project) Info
- Information related specifically to accessing and using the PCUG's 'The Internet Project' (TIP) ISP Services are provided on the TIP Wiki
PCUG Info Wiki (this wiki) Members Informing Members
- focuses on topics, with collaborative input from members for members!!