This page is to support a wide variety of technical IT related hints, help guides, howtos and tips, contributed by members on a range of IT related topics of interest.
Some selected categories of information are shown below. Member contributions are encouraged, see About this Wiki, Getting Started Editing Wiki Pages, and the navigation Help page for guidance on doing this.
Please note that information related specifically to accessing and using the PCUG's 'The Internet Project' (TIP) ISP Services are provided on the TIP Wiki
Please include a link to [[Category:Technical Info]] at the bottom of any page you create in this area.
For General Users
- The philosophy behind rsnapshot is tha backups happen regularly and reliably only if fully automated
- rsnapshot handles the "how, what & where"
- cron handles the "when"
- best installed from your Operating System's media/repositories - alternatively
- essential - read the HOWTO
rnapshot for Windows
- probably not feasible because Windows filesystems do not provide the required functions
- cwRsync goes part way
Strictly for Geeks
--Rpeters17:53, 24 August 2012 (EST)
Image and Photo Editing