Beginners Computer Chat Group – with Eleanor Whelan
About the Group:
- This friendly self-help group is for U3A and PCUG members who want to learn their way around their PC, iPad, or other devices. Participants can bring along their questions and problems to be assisted by the group.
- Your questions drive each session plus regular demos of useful computing techniques, such as backing up, handling your photos, making the most of Google searching.
- The format is an open discussion group with beginners and more experienced members all contributing.
- Our mailing list extends the network beyond the face-to-face sessions and members willingly share assistance.
Where and When:
- We will continue to meet on the 2nd and 3rd Thursdays of the month as follows.
Southside ~ 2nd Thursday of the month:
- When: runs from 11 February 2016, until 8 December 2016.
- Venue: Irish Club, 6 Parkinson Street, Weston at 10:00am to 12:00noon
- Cost: Membership of club ($5.50 per annum)
- Access: There is ample off-street parking.
Northside ~ 3rd Thursday of the month:
- When: runs from 18 February, 2016, until 17 November, 2016.
- Venue: U3A – Training Room 1, Cook Community Hub, 41 Templeton St, Cook at 10:00am-12:00noon.
- Cost: $2 per session (room rent and refreshments)
- Facilities: We have access to a projector connected to a laptop with Internet connectivity and/or U3A wifi network.
- Access: Ample off-street parking and kitchen facilities are available, enter from front of building.
Attendance & Enquiries:
- Contact:Eleanor Whelan at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), or 0408 802 443, if you intend to attend, or have queries.