PC Users Group (PCUG) is a non-profit community-based organisation - our motto is “Users helping Users”.
Members have access to the well-equipped PCUG Centre located in Holder, ACT. The Centre is open week-days, subject to the availability of the Office Manager and volunteer staff.
Facilities at PCUG Centre include:
- The PCUG office;
- A meeting room;
- A computer lab with overhead projector for training, workshops and use by our Special Interest Groups (SIGs);
- Computers for general member use - all computers have broadband access to the Internet;
- A multi-media room, with slide scanner, and varied digital conversion equipment.
We host SIGs, and training at the Centre.
An email account and local dial-up access is free with membership. Full broadband and dial-up Internet services run by our volunteers are available for an additional fee. We were one of the first Internet providers in Canberra (our Internet service was established in 1995), and members have never been required to change their email address.
The Internet Project (TIP) is a volunteer run Internet service for members of PCUG. Members have access to a wide range of mail, web-space and Internet services.
The service is wholly owned by PCUG and managed by the PCUG Internet Services Sub-committee (ISSC) with day to day technical operation by volunteer system administrators (“the admins”). The TIP servers and equipment are located in TransACT House, Dickson, ACT. Both normal dial-up services and broadband access (cable and ADSL over the TransACT network) are available.
- A periodic newsletter and/or information emails, sent to all members by email.
- Help information including on-line help guide, members who are familiar with a particular aspect of PCs can provide assistance, and home help information.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) open to all members. Examples are ‘Coffee & Chat’, Investments, Linux, and Beginners Groups.
- Local access to Open Source Software and information.
- Discounts and special offers, available periodically pending offers and associations with suppliers, businesses and organisations.
If you wish to join to take advantage of these benefits, please see the Join/Renew page.